Therapists spot the following patterns to the arguments that seem to foreshadow a divorce (and hint at the fix):
- Just assuming that you know what your spouse is thinking or feeling without actually checking.
- Less sex, and no clue why.
- One – or both – spouses become disengaged from the relationship.
- Dragging the kids into the middle.
- Can’t even get on the same page about what they are arguing about; and
- Communication breaks down completely, possibly even replaced by purposeful secrecy.
Read more in this Huffington Post piece: 6 Arguments All Couples Have Before They Divorce.