One of the largest costs in some complex divorce law court cases is forensic accountants who provide business valuations.
A study recommends five methods to control financial expert costs:
- Avoid continuances, request / embrace judicial case management early for expert cost savings of 11% to 25%
- Hire experts early to maximize their benefit
- Narrow depositions and other expert discovery
- Challenges to experts should be brought early
- Opposing experts should communicate and cooperate
Some of the above recommendations are not currently permitted without appropriate authorizations of the recommendations.
Read more in this report cited in this BVWire article: Five ways to reduce the costs of financial experts, according to new AICPA FVS study.