An attorney who concentrates on representing only men offers the following mistakes that men make in divorce. Truth is, women can and do make the same mistakes.
They are not (generally) legal mistakes per se, but rather tactical mistakes that both men and women usually come to regret – in time.
- Responding to an impending divorce with anger
- Serving your spouse with divorce papers in embarrassing places
- Arguing about who gets what
- Becoming passive
- Using a difficult attorney
- Rubbing salt in the wound
- Using verbal abuse
- Allowing your spouse to convince you not to hire an attorney
- Thinking romance first, divorce second
- Using your children as pawns