Danger can lurk in the most unlikely of places. Just ask Ex-Girlfriend.
Her Ex-Boyfriend is a deputy with our own Palm Beach County, Florida Sheriff’s office. They didn’t go the distance.
So, come Valentine’s Day, while on the job, Ex-Boyfriend allegedly detoured to Boca Raton from his Wellington patrol and:
- secretly put a GPS tracking device on Ex-Girlfriend’s car
- hung signs at the law firm where she works, labeling her new boyfriend “a home wrecker and a cheater”
- posted Ex-Girlfriend’s photo online, describing her as a “cheater” and a “user”
- hung signs near Ex-Girlfriend’s workplace, stating that Ex-Girlfriend and her new boyfriend have an STD
- threatened to commit suicide and
- placed unwanted orders to have pizza delivered at Ex-Girlfriend’s new boyfriend’s home
Ex-Boyfriend is arrested on misdemeanor stalking charges, and confined. This may be in his own best interests.
Ex-Boyfriend reportedly also faces criminal charges in nearby Martin County for violating a domestic violence restraining order of protection. It is unclear whether this incident pertains to Ex-Girlfriend as well.
Ex-Boyfriend’s current status with the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s office is not indicated. Nor whether Ex-Boyfriend has received any specialized training to respond to complaints of domestic violence.
Read more in
- this Broward / Palm Beach New Times piece: PBSO Deputy Patrick Burt Stalked His Ex With GPS, Police Say, and You Can Too
- this Broward / Palm Beach New Times piece: Patrick Burt, PBSO Deputy Charged With Stalking, Facing Domestic Violence Charges in Martin County Too and
- this WPBF-TV 25 ABC news article: Patrick Burt allegedly posted unflattering comments on Cheaterville.com