A bakery in neighboring Broward County, Florida recently added a new treat to its menu: divorce cakes.
Divorce cakes help to “celebrate” – what else? – divorce.
Ironically, divorce cakes taste the same as wedding cakes.
But they look a little different.
The happy bride and groom atop the cake are substituted with the customer’s choice of:
- a man and woman on separated sections of cake
- a prison cell and the proverbial ball and chain – with the chain broken
- a man taken out with the trash by the wife
- a man sitting on a street curb
- a woman about to push a man down a waterfall and
- the “broken marriage” cemetery, filled with tombstones and an open casket containing a ring.
Some folks actually believe that eating a divorce cake provides more closure than a divorce trial or uncontested final divorce hearing.