Some marriages never stand a chance. Here are some reasons why failure may strike fast.
- Cheating practically out of the gate.
- Dramatic personality change immediately after the wedding.
- The marriage was nothing more than a means to an end, such as having a child, right now … and it doesn’t happen right now.
- Latent substance abusive tendencies come to the fore shortly after wedding bells ring.
- They develop a new fascination with someone else.
- They begin to act as though you are chattel and must do as they wish.
- Unrecognized incompatibility of needs and ways of interacting.
- Youth and ignorance about what they wanted.
- Multiple unrelated stresses flare contemporaneously.
- They rushed into the marriage because of logistical issues.
This list is not without overlap and duplication.
Read more in this Huffington Post piece: 10 Reasons People Divorce After Less Than A Year Of Marriage.