Don’t Assume You Can’t Collect Support Just Because Your Ex is in Jail

If your ex was just sentenced to jail and you’ve resigned yourself to no child support for the duration, not so fast.

This Charlotte Observer article reports on a state government audit evaluating the Corrections Department on its alleged failure to deduct court-ordered child support from inmates’ wages.

One can’t help but wonder whether a crackdown may follow.

The moral of the story is: don’t give up, follow the proper procedure to implement income deduction – and you just might collect.