International child abduction is not a new problem, but it is a growing problem.
A comprehensive, if somewhat dated list of steps a parent may take if their child is abducted is excerpted and cited below.
- Request revocation of the other parent’s passport
- Request revocation or suspension of the other parent’s green card.
- Request assistance from INTERPOL.
- Follow / trace the money that the other parent is using.
- File in a US court for custody and return of your child
- File in the foreign court for custody and return of your child
- and much more.