Reference for Possible Steps to Take if Your Child is Abducted Abroad Whether or Not Hague Convention of Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction Applies

International child abduction is not a new problem, but it is a growing problem.

A comprehensive, if somewhat dated list of steps a parent may take if their child is abducted is excerpted and cited below.

  • Request revocation of the other parent’s passport
  • Request revocation or suspension of the other parent’s green card.
  • Request assistance from INTERPOL.
  • Follow / trace the money that the other parent is using.
  • File in a US court for custody and return of your child
  • File in the foreign court for custody and return of your child
  • and much more.

Read much more in this disjointed San Francisco All Voices news article: How do mainstream media cover international child custody disputes? because there is still some good information there.